Ready to go!
We're on the air.
Sunday, June 18th, 2006, 12:10am and I'm leaving tomorrow! Everything is packed (in a pile on my floor), some fantastically expensive malaria meds ($7/day), a new fruit-cuttin' knife, and a boat-load of education documents in English and French - officially Burundians speak French and Kirundi, and (unofficially?) Swahili is spoken in the south-east. Anyway, parent weekend, dinner with friends on Sunday, and I'm off.
My counterpart and I had a discussion Thursday over lunch and now I'm sure we're going to make a great team. Unless we become enemies in the next 2 months, we might even hike Kilimanjaro together...
For all who haven't been following, I'll be going to a Burundian refugee camp in western Tanzania, near lake Tanganyika. More about the Burundian conflict here: the_irc_in_burundi
Now I have to sleep and dream about the camera I'll buy tomorrow for my journeys...
Enjoy my blog!

1 Comments:
Hey Emily,
Good luck in Tanzania. I hope my adventures in Manila will be just as exciting as yours! Have a great summer! -Gen
Post a Comment
<< Home