I love communication over the internet! I was recently thinking about you, wondering how you are doing. I was sad that I didn't get to see you before you left. But now I get to read about your adventures through this interactive, descriptive journal-type thing called webblogging. Reading about your adventures thus far and seeing the pictures you have taken, I feel like I am right there with you. I have been to Amsterdam and can vividly see the people riding by on their bikes on the sidewalk along the canals. I can also smell the falafell and shwarma from the middle eastern restaurants.
I love your picture of the Sudan from the airplane. It's difficult for me to comprehend what you saw from you tiny window inside the plane. I have never seen a desert, only read about them in books. I guess that when people travel to a place it is much easier for them to picture it and relive the experience. Although I can smell the savory aroma of the brown-yellow curry you ate for dinner. To picture the porridge (or Ugali) that you accompanied your curry I try to remember the grits covered with butter that my dad used to make on Sunday mornings. If I take away the butter and thicken up the grits I think I can imagine your entire meal.
Can't wait to read more and see more pictures. Hope you have a great summer Love! Will try to keep up with your blog and respond when I can.
Oh Don Piano! We miss you! Jess and I went up to the camp this weekend for the 4th of July, but it would have been better if you'd have come. I pushed Jesse into the lake for you. :D
Jesse says "I hope you're having as much fun as it sounds like you're having. I expect no less."
2 Comments:
I love communication over the internet! I was recently thinking about you, wondering how you are doing. I was sad that I didn't get to see you before you left. But now I get to read about your adventures through this interactive, descriptive journal-type thing called webblogging. Reading about your adventures thus far and seeing the pictures you have taken, I feel like I am right there with you. I have been to Amsterdam and can vividly see the people riding by on their bikes on the sidewalk along the canals. I can also smell the falafell and shwarma from the middle eastern restaurants.
I love your picture of the Sudan from the airplane. It's difficult for me to comprehend what you saw from you tiny window inside the plane. I have never seen a desert, only read about them in books. I guess that when people travel to a place it is much easier for them to picture it and relive the experience. Although I can smell the savory aroma of the brown-yellow curry you ate for dinner. To picture the porridge (or Ugali) that you accompanied your curry I try to remember the grits covered with butter that my dad used to make on Sunday mornings. If I take away the butter and thicken up the grits I think I can imagine your entire meal.
Can't wait to read more and see more pictures. Hope you have a great summer Love! Will try to keep up with your blog and respond when I can.
Love
Brian
Oh Don Piano! We miss you! Jess and I went up to the camp this weekend for the 4th of July, but it would have been better if you'd have come. I pushed Jesse into the lake for you. :D
Jesse says "I hope you're having as much fun as it sounds like you're having. I expect no less."
Love Kelly and Jesse
Post a Comment
<< Home