Emily in the World

Sunday, April 19, 2009


Hello everyone,
I'm in Senegal now and I really like it here. The people are very friendly. It's like Haiti in some regards, but in others it's very different. First, it's a muslim country, so there are mosques around and the men wear long robes and pray often. Second, there are lots of languages, not just 2 main languages. There are 3 major languages (French, Wolof and Pulaar) and then a lot of others. I was talking to a 6 year old 1st grader on Friday who spokee 4 languages - French, Wolof and two local languages.
I'm going to throw up a couple pictures for you to look at. One is of a horse-drawn carriage. The other is some finely dressed ladies. Sorry for the short post. May do a longer one later this week!

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger fet mar said...

It's a horse and buggy. but somehow, it kinda looks like a tap tap. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home